the DustRoom
post Aug 29 2007, 09:23 AM
Post #1

Nukes, knives, sharp sticks...

Group: Site Admin
Member No.: 2
Paul Massey
Airsoft Skirmish Team Country:

I am currently working on my USCM "Hudson" costume but thought I'd share some pictures of my Aliens props.

Gerber Mark II
This is the knife seen in the famous "Do the thing with the knife" secene aboard the Sulaco and can be seen carried by most of the marines, they were originally used in Vietnam but mine is from the 80's and still has it's sharpening tool and all original parts on the sheath:

MGC Heckler & Koch VP-70
This screen accurate VP-70 made by the Model Gun Corporation (shown here with my USCM holster) is a blowback pistol that uses reuseable rounds triggered by caps; the weapon does not fire a projectile but is extremely realistic.

Tanio KobaHeckler & Koch VP-70
The Tanio Koba VP-70 is a gas powered blowback pistol that fires 6mm BBs; it's a great handgun though not as screen accurate as the MGC it does actually fire a projectile wink.gif

Seiko Pulsemeter
The marines can be seen wearing these wristwatches throughout the Aliens movie they replaced the strap with OD green velcro; the one I have is not entirely screen accurate as it has yellow buttons but it's close enough and being OD green with a velcro strap as standard it's great.

Motion Tracker
One of the cool gadgets used in the film is the Motion Tracker, This Motion Tracker by Master Replicas has a blinking display screen that simulates the radar effect seen on screen.
The sonar pulse sound and warning pings simulate the sound effects used in the movie when aliens were detected by the device.

M41A Pulse Rifle
The M41A Pulse Rifle was designed by James Cameron, and built by British armorers Simon Atherton and Andrew Fletcher from the parts and components of three firearms (all supplied by prop armory Bapty & Co., U.K.). The rifle component utilised a World War II-era Thompson M1A1 submachine gun while the grenade launcher component was built around the action of a Remington 870 pump-action shotgun and the shotgun was encased inside the shroud and foregrip of a Luigi Franchi SPAS-12 shotgun. It was originally designed around a Heckler & Koch MP5 submachine gun but the MP5 is said not to have produced a muzzle flash as large as desired for the impression of a futuristic infantry rifle.

The version I have is created using a ACM Thompson submachine BB gun and the G&P "Alien Kit" containing all the parts required to convert it into the M41A.

ACM Thompson
The ACM (All China Made) is an exact copy of the TM (Tokyo Marui) version but costs about 100 less; looking at the TM it does appear more realistic due to its better gun metal finish and is allegedly more reliable as a BB gun but as I'm not a mad air-soft enthusiast I'm not too bothered and am happy with the saving.

G&P "Alien Kit"
The kit contains metal parts for the barrel, stock and internal sections but is let down by the plastic SPAS-12 shroud, it's a nightmare to assemble and was missing a lot of screws and bolts.

Pulse Rifle
Here's my almost complete Pulse Rifle (due to missing screws & bolts from the G&P kit)

Dog Tags
These screen accurate, laser etched acrylic dog tags are amazing.

M40 Grenades
Here's my M40 Greandes; there's a mixture of working plunger "hero" versions and non-functional ones of various colours.

Pulse Rifle Rounds
These steel M41A rounds look impressive on display.

Paul "Dust" Massey | BH/SST9879 | PFC, A05/TQ1.0.22148E1
Phoenix Rising Site Admin

38911-BASIC | My Blog | Facebook | MySpace

XBox Live: "the DustRoom" | PSN: "theDustRoom" | Costume queue: clicky

"If gay was a dial POINTY would go all the way to 11."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
the DustRoom
post Sep 14 2007, 12:32 PM
Post #2

Nukes, knives, sharp sticks...

Group: Site Admin
Member No.: 2
Paul Massey
Airsoft Skirmish Team Country:

My Racal Minilite headset has arrived!

These came up on The Aliens Legacy so I just had to get one wink.gif

It's in great shape and came with original case and instruction manual.

The racal-Amplivox Minilite has been used in quite a few films including Star Wars and of course Aliens; mine is the stereo version but as you can see in the pics above the ear pieces just clip on so it can look exactly like the screen accurate mono versions.

I'm trying to source some Brown Bess to paint this up for my USCM at the moment.

Paul "Dust" Massey | BH/SST9879 | PFC, A05/TQ1.0.22148E1
Phoenix Rising Site Admin

38911-BASIC | My Blog | Facebook | MySpace

XBox Live: "the DustRoom" | PSN: "theDustRoom" | Costume queue: clicky

"If gay was a dial POINTY would go all the way to 11."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- the DustRoom   My USCM weapons & props   Aug 29 2007, 09:23 AM
- - Phil   I'm in awe! lets see some pics of it all t...   Aug 29 2007, 11:45 AM
- - Dark Star   Paul, you have FAR too much cool stuff, you should...   Aug 30 2007, 09:16 AM
- - Recoil   I have Brown Bess   Sep 14 2007, 06:40 PM
- - the DustRoom   GIMMEH!   Sep 14 2007, 06:55 PM
- - Dark Star   Can i borrow something to get it paint matched som...   Sep 15 2007, 02:07 PM
- - Recoil   Aye, I'm picking it up at the NSC next week   Sep 16 2007, 09:57 AM
- - Eagle   They do look sweet, all painted up.   Sep 23 2007, 10:56 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Support Phoenix Rising
Donate 5 to help keep the site running
RSS SciFi Topsites Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd August 2014 - 08:34 AM